Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Flowers!

The craft challenge this week was flowers.   I decided to do something simple I had seen inBig Ass Book of Crafts  by Mark Montano.   My favorite undergrad assistant in the whole wide world, who is soon leaving me for bigger better things, got me this book for my birthday.  I love it, but this is the first project I have attempted.

I decided to make hello kitty flowers and use them to make a frame for a hello kitty card my brother sent me for my birthday.   I have a hello themed bathroom in desperate need of an update.  

I bought a bunch of supplies... frame, elmer's glue, fake flowers and glass stones from the dollar store:
Next I found some Hello Kitty stickers which came with a calender, stuck them on to scrap pieces of felt and cut around them.  I wipe a little glue on the sticker and then pressed the glass stone into place.

I then took apart the fake flowers:
I used hot glue to attach the button to the flowers.   For the flowers I ended up using for pins and hair pins, I attached a circle of felt to the back of the flower with Elmer's.
I painted a dollar store frame pink, hot glued flowers to the corners, and placed the card in the frame:

And then I went a little crazy.  The project was so simple and so fun, I made pins and boxes and magnets and more frames... I couldn't stop until I ran out of flower pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment