Sunday, February 27, 2011

a little bit of this....a little bit of that

First of all.   Here's a dose of squabbit-y cuteness:

As it turns out, they were having a pooping contest.  Stolie won.  Not so cute...being that is my lap they are sitting on....being they can produce approximately 50 pellets a piece in under 20 minutes, if they put their furry little minds to it.   The boy-who-would-rather-not-be-mentioned constantly reminds me how adorable they would be if only they could learn to control their bowels.   I work with crap pretty much on a daily basis, so it doesn't effect me as much.  It is unfortunate that I can not study their crap.  It takes me weeks to collect the amount of mouse crap they provide in a hour.

In other non-feces related news...
I booked a birthday trip to Atlanta.... and it was free!   Apparently, I was sitting on a pile of United Miles that were about to expire.   I had actually assumed I had already lost them.  Thankfully, United left me a voice mail letting me know that I had a month to use them.    The boy-who-would-rather-not-be-mentioned is in Atlanta currently for work, so I'm really looking forward to seeing him and also visiting me Emory friends and EATING.   Mainly, eating.  I have a list of restaurants I must go to.  Way more then a normal person would go to in 4 days.   I have a super human stomach.  I can handle it.   The trip is a month a way and I'm already planning my entire trip around meals, snacks and adult beverages.    

In the PhD hell arena:   the  abstract that I have been putting off writing, that was due on Tuesday, that has been giving me panic attacks around 3am for the last 4 nights...is not due until March 15th.  woot!    Now, if I had checked the website I would have had this information days ago.   Sigh.  I am still presenting at lab meeting on Tuesday and all I have done so far is about 3 slides featuring the always stunning, Belle and Stolie.   My goal, is to convince them I've gone crazy, so they are scared to question or criticize. My original approach was tears and an occasional irrational hissy fit..   Tears which are usually my best defensive and offensive tool were surprisingly ineffective.  The boss actually mentioned he misses the hissy fits...he has taken their absence to mean I have lost interest in my projects.     
EDIT:  Lab Meeting Cancelled!   Happy week!  Now only if the exam tomorrow and the experiments on Wed. and Friday would also magically disappear.


AND the most exciting news I have for today... my week long plague has finally lifted.  I am once again almost healthy!  Yay immune system... thanks for finally waking up and coming to work.  Slacker.





No comments:

Post a Comment