Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I just do my thing... IC9

This week's craft challenge was an Oscar/Movie Theme.   I went pretty literal, instead of doing an inspiration piece.   I decided I wanted to do some sort of mixed media possibly with a movie quote or actress.  At first I was fixated on one of my fav. movies, Empire Records, so I'm not sure how I ended up with Audrey Hepburn.
So the first step was to clean off the craft table:
Which I did and then almost in one fluid motion cleaned off my desk, moving the contents on to the now spotless craft table.  Fail.  About three days later, I revisited the table cleaning project and moved everything back to the desk, which still has yet to be dealt with.

The next step in this project was to choose a picture.

And then I painted the base:



I  added a coat of glitter "paint" over the edges..which isn't really paint at all...more like mucus with glitter mixed in.
Next was picking out the embellishments:  One of my personal Challenges with the Iron Craft Challenge, is too keep purchases to a minimum and to use up my craft stash.   So far I've only bought some beans to use as filler for I think it was IC2.  Here I found some Mardi Gras beads, some seed beads I picked up for clearance at target probably at least 5 years ago and some trim that was in a Free Cycle box.  



 And the fun part of putting it all together:


 Final Result:

After I was pretty much finished... the boy-who-would-rather-not-be-mentioned suggested I make this in to a multi-paneled piece, using women in my life that are my icons. I didn't have time this week.  There's only so much I can procrastinate.   But someday, I hope to add a couple of panels of women who encouraged me to "do my thing".  (Hey mom, scan and me a picture.)



Read more about Iron Craft Challenge 9 here:  http://theironcraft.blogspot.com/2011/02/challenge-9-and-oscar-goes-to_24.html

See all the fabulous IC9 projects here:  http://www.flickr.com/groups/1525156@N25/

No comments:

Post a Comment