Saturday, March 5, 2011

Officially too old for Unofficial (maybe)

So once upon a time, here in cornfield land, St. Patty's Day fell during spring break.  This made the bar owners very very sad.  So they decided to create another St. Patty's Day... Unofficial St. Patty's Day.  St. Patty's Day is no longer during spring break, but Unofficial has become a random green drunken holiday on this campus.   Not that I need a excuse to drink.  It's more that I need to justify  my drinking.   So today, this is my justification for drinking beer at 3pm on a Friday.

I did make my friends and cutesy little buttons to commemorate the occasion:
Even though this is another one of my wonderful kindergarten craft masterpieces... here's a play by play:

1.   I found a pattern online and printed it out:
 2.  I have a ton of green felt left over from the turtle shell I made to run the 1/2 marathon.   A turtle.  In a race. Get it?  Get it?   OMG I'm so creative and cute.   Any way... I put said green felt to use, cutting 2 shamrocks for each pin:


3.  Using a backstitch, I embroidered "UO"  for UnOfficial, and 2011 on one shamrock of each set.

4.  I then stitched the sides together using a running stitch... adding a piece of gold pipe cleaner for the stems.

My friends were great sports and wore their pins proudly, even though they were probably thinking (1.  She's totally losing it.  and 2.  And she wonders why she never gets her research done??)    :)

Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment