Thursday, March 31, 2011

Randoms.

1.   I am in PhD hell.  Boo.  My pre-lim is in about a month and a half and I just don't have the patience or motivation to write the approximately 100 page document that needs to be written.   Mind you this is while doing experiments, taking 3 classes, interning, etc, etc.   I wish this to be over.   Now.

2.   I had a birthday.   I'm not sure how I feel about that.   I did visit the boy-who-would-rather-not-be-mentioned in the ATL, which was fun and involved lots of yummy vegan food and sunflowers :)  I like sunflowers.  I like the ATL (minus the traffic, cars, people, and people driving cars creating the traffic).  I like the boy-who-would-rather-not-be-mentioned (ususally).  And.  I like yummy vegan food.

3.  I missed last weeks craft challenge (get lucky) due to a horrible exam on lipid metabolism, the prelim papers and my trip to ATL.

4.  I threw something quickly together for this week's challenge:  Best of Show.   The random assortment of Squabbit belongs strewn about my living room were irritating me.

  They spent last week visiting their grandparents and both their grandparents and myself were disturbed that they travel with about 6 "suitcases", while I had 1.  So I made the ladies a Science Journal covered LOL style box for a small portion of their things.  At least the grandparent maybe more amused next time they visit.
Breifly, I took an office filing box, my favorite adhesive, Krylon Spray Adhesive, newspapered my bathtub (the joy of grad student apartment dwelling) and attached pages of Science (which I "borrowed" from lab) to the box.  I touched up the edges with my Hello Kitty glue stick.  

 
5. My brain hurts, I'm PMS-y, and am facing a full day classes and procrastination, which will lead to disappointment and possibly a mini-meltdown tonight, when I have to acknowledge I'm yet another day closer to P-day and not a page farther in my progression.   F.
On a positive note (although lame), I'm super looking forward to Grey's tonight.   woot.  I'll leave the breakdown to after.

No comments:

Post a Comment